Sunday, April 09, 2006

Bloggers owe Carroll an apology

Ellen Goodman's latest column takes bloggers to task for attacks on Jill Carroll.

Here's part of an email I sent her in response to her column:

... I'm sure I'm not the only one who blogged about Jill Carroll at that time who doesn't owe her an apology. Why don't I and others like me owe her an apology? Not out of arrogance, but because we knew enough to not fall into the traps that have made many bloggers look stupid at best.

I believe many of the anti-Jill Carroll bloggers were expressing opinions that have passed as truth in certain circles for far too long. The anti-Jill Carroll blogs were just more in a series of blogs spouting their views. Because of that pattern, they owe apologies to more than Jill Carroll, they owe apologies to every woman they slander in this way, whether she is be a kidnapping victim or a rape victim.

My post on the Jill Carroll backlash

Ellen Goodman's column
Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 2:48 PM   0 comments links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home