Friday, April 07, 2006

Duke Rape Case: Suspect Helped Take Back the Night

According to the Herald Sun the lacrosse player who wrote the now infamous email attended a Take Back the Night Rally several days after the suspect wrote that email.

He was reported as stating: "It's just sad that the allegations we are accused of happened to fall when they did."

Did you notice exactly what was saddening?

The allegations. Not what happened to a woman that all-important night. The allegations.

My rapist would have agreed completely -- if I had correctly identified what happened to me as rape and if the resources that are available today for rape victims had been available back then.

Those who jumped to the conclusion that this was all an evil plot by a fallen woman are in perfect agreement with these two men. The allegations are the only crime committed. Most of them want to turn back the clock until rape victims are as alone as I was.

You'll have to excuse me if I resist your efforts with the same fervor as I resisted in the moments before I first became a rape victim.

Alas, a blog's take on this issue.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 6:16 PM   0 comments links to this post


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home