Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The marketing of dehumanization - Ann Coulter style

From Media Matters

On the April 11 edition of Fox News' Your World with Neil Cavuto, right-wing pundit Ann Coulter made an appearance to plug her upcoming book Godless: The Church of Liberalism (Crown Forum, June 2006). Introducing Coulter, Cavuto noted that Godless is set for release on June 6, 2006, or 6-6-6, the "sign of the devil, they say, and this year ... the latest attack on liberals." Coulter told Cavuto that the release date was her "little tribute to liberals, to have it come out on 6-6-6."
From me:

Ann Coulter was asked to explain her position, but she demurred with: "You'll get me in trouble with my publicist."

Ah, yes, she can't do anything that distracts her from pursuing the holy grail of the godly. The New York Times Bestsellers list.

I'll preempt her and admit to my sins:

I see rape victims and I do what I can to help them.
I see exploiters and I do what I can to stop them.

But Ann, you and I aren't complete opposites. I too would like to be on the bestsellers lists. And I'm trying my best to hate people who don't agree with me so I can be a well-paid pundit like you.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can look at my fellow human beings and feel no compassion, only hatred.

Ann, you're a role model.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 4:01 PM   0 comments links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home