Thursday, April 20, 2006

spamming or raging comments will be deleted

Because of the number of comments coming in regarding the Duke rape case, I have temporarily turned on comment moderation.

If you want to use a blog to tell me or others that I'm stupid, please do so on your own blog rather than in the comments of my blog.

Note: I reserve the right to laugh at how I'm depicted.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 3:39 PM   2 comments links to this post


At April 21, 2006 2:28 AM, Blogger EmployeeMegan said...

With all due respect, I didn't "spam" or "rage" against you today, and I didn't want to tell you or others that you are stupid. I wanted to engage in discussion and offer some perspective, and yet, my comment was still deleted. I can only guess it's because my knowledge of the geography in the Duke Lacrosse Scandal conflicted with your unfettered speculation on the evening's events.

If you have an opinion and invite commentary, expect that opinion to be challenged. I said nothing about your character or your intelligence, I simply stated that your remarks, when placed into the reality of the situation, didn't make sense. And that of course, is simply MY opinion, which you were welcome to challenge in return. This is commonly known as discourse. Crazy, right? But it works.

I'll respect your wishes and avoid this site alltogether in the future. I just had to say how surprised as was to be counted in with the angry trolls in the comment section.

At April 21, 2006 8:02 AM, Blogger Marcella Chester said...

It is certainly possible that with the tone of the comments flowing in that one or two deleted comments weren't meant as attacks on my right to question the accepted timeline.

Several other comments that started with similar arguments escalated - either later in the comment or in follow up comments.

Since there are plenty of websites and blogs that use the timeline in the second example I named (from April 18), comments that echoed that timeline added nothing new to the discussion.

You are absolutely right that certain actions like going a mile and a half to reach a spot to catch a cab can happen for no compelling reason.

However, if we're looking at all of the possibilities, including that the rape may have happened as alleged, then all actions, not just those taken by the dancers, need to be questioned.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home