Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Call For Hosts of Special Editions Of The Carnival Against Sexual Violence

Now that Edition #4 of the Carnival Against Sexual Violence is up and the carnival is going strong, I wanted to invite other interested bloggers to host editions which highlight the best posts that focus exclusively on a particular topic related to or within the fight against sexual violence.

I'm particularly looking for topics that don't get the focus they deserve, either because we don't talk about them or because they get overshadowed for some reason.

This would involve the host committing to create a call for nominations (and sorting through nominations received) and searching the blogosphere for relevant posts (new and old) from people who haven't heard of this carnival yet. If you have relevant non-blog links, those would be included as a bonus feature.

The 5th edition is set for Aug. 15 and has a non-exclusive focus. If there is interest in creating more tightly focused editions, the first one of those could come out a week later (22nd or so) or on Sept. 1.

I'm leaving for a long weekend vacation tomorrow morning and will return on Tuesday the 8th so the deadline for proposing to host the first special edition will be 11:59 pm Aug. 7th.

My contact information is on my profile page.

Here's what I need from potential hosts:

Your name (or your blogging identity)
Your blog url
When you'd be available to host a special edition (and when you are unavailable)
Your subtopic as you'd describe it in the call for nominations
At least one sample post

I would love to get several of these lined up between the editions I'll continue to host. If you have any questions, please email me or leave a comment. (I have comment moderation on so comments may not appear until I return or get to the occasional wifi hotspot.)

Marcella Chester

Please feel free to quote this entire call for hosts on your blog.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 11:46 AM   3 comments links to this post


At August 08, 2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Marj aka Thriver said...

I am DEFINITELY interested in hosting! Probably not until my son is back in school for a bit (he starts back 8/17). I'll have to think of a particular topic (like that idea a LOT). Hey, don't forget, the deadline for the third edition of the Blog Carnival Against Child Abuse is 8/16. This one now travels to new hosts, too. You can get details at

At August 08, 2006 11:19 PM, Blogger Holly Desimone said...

Hi Marcella,
I am interested in hosting, I will have to read about how to do the posts. I wanted to Thank you for doing a traveling Carnival.
Take care

At August 08, 2006 11:56 PM, Blogger Marcella Chester said...

Marj & Holly,

Thanks so much for your interest. My hope is to have each host of the traveling carnival focus on an area that they want to give extra emphasis to. Sexual violence is such a huge problem that it can be useful to give special emphasis to certain aspects of this problem and/or responses to this problem.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home