Saturday, October 28, 2006

Politicians Who Run From Those They Demonize

Michael Schiavo writes about his experience at a Colorado political debate on Daily Kos :

But underneath it all I'm left with something I can't get past. Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave, as I said, had no problem at all in speaking about me and my family on the floor of Congress. Yet she can't bring herself to even look at me. She has to seek help from the police to have me removed from a public debate.

It's crystal clear that Marilyn Musgrave not only can't admit she's wrong, she can't even face the consequences of her own actions. She must believe that if she runs away fast enough or surrounds herself with enough people who tell her she's great, it never happened.

Well, Marilyn, it did happen. You were wrong. And that you don't have the decency to admit it or even face me - even to disagree with me - is more than cowardice. It's un-American and disgusting.

Even though you'd rather not see it or hear it, Congresswoman Musgrave, your votes have consequences. What you do impacts real people. And a wall of staffers, police and debate complaints won't hide the truth.

Unfortunately many politicians don't want to know about the negative consequences of their actions or acknowledge the humanity of those they stand up against whether it be Michael Schiavo or those who lost their medical coverage.

When sound bites are all that matter, politicians have failed whether or not they get re-elected.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 12:01 AM   0 comments links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home