Monday, October 16, 2006

Suggestion On Carnival Against Sexual Violence

A question came in about allowing carnival participants to repost the carnival edition on their blog.

Here's my answer:

Currently participants and others who want to help get the word out about the carnival have posted a link to the carnival edition from their blog with comments, but not a full reprint.

I'm the organizer of this carnival and I don't want to have people posting a full word for word reprint.

What I can support is having participants and others include the links (and descriptions) which would be of interest to their blog readers along with a link to the carnival homepage and the carnival edition where the links came from. Of course, a link to my blog is always welcome.

That way if someone wants to focus on a particular subtopic, they can post links from the current and past editions and add their own commentary about a particular subject.

Then their readers can go to the carnival edition(s) to see all the links. This also gives those who have read the full carnival edition a good reason to check out all the blogs that link to that edition.

Rather than having copies of carnival editions out there, the carnival edition can serve as a starting point for further discussion.

Technorati tags:
Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 9:10 AM   3 comments links to this post


At October 16, 2006 11:52 AM, Anonymous Faith said...

Hi Marcella -

That sounds like a great idea. I'm a newbie to the carnival and had no idea how it was being handled. After making the post, I went to the carnival's main site and added links from both of my blogs. My intent wasn't to take away from your work but to add to it. The link round-up I mentioned provided a link back to the organizer from the individual blogs and full credit for the organizer's work in the collection and organization of the posts.


At October 16, 2006 12:55 PM, Blogger Marcella Chester said...


I welcome questions and suggestions since they make me think about what works and how it can work even better and how the CASV can make a greater impact.

At October 16, 2006 1:03 PM, Blogger Holly Desimone said...

Hi Marcella,
I think it is a wonderful idea, thank you for creating the carnival. Bringing awareness for greater impact as you mentioned is important. All of us who have experience violence know the personal pain. Your achievements and goals for the carnival are truly admired by many bloggers.
Take care


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home