Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Rape is wrong. Rape is horrible. But ...

Every time I read some version of this statement I brace myself. And I want to yell, "stop before you 'but' again!"

Those who add the word but after saying rape is horrible, are using that declaration as cover for saying something unacceptable. Their "but" turns "rape is wrong" into "rape is wrong unless ..." or "rape is wrong but not as wrong as ..."

Enough.

If you can't say rape is wrong period, you don't mean it.
Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 12:01 AM   1 comments links to this post

1 Comments:

At December 20, 2006 10:06 AM, Blogger Holly Desimone said...

Dear Marcella,
I agree with you rape is wrong, rape has no but....RAPE IS RAPE!
SURVIVOR OF RAPE HOLLY DESIMONE

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home