Sunday, July 29, 2007

Blogathon Closeout

For those of you who stuck it out with me for the entire 24 hours in this blogathon, congratulations. Thanks to those who left comments. I haven't had time to read them yet but I will after I get some much needed sleep.


If you haven't made a pledge to help Stop It Now! please do so. If you read this after the pledge period is over, please make a donation directly to Stop It Now! and help prevent childhood sexual abuse.

For those not familiar with my blog, I want to let you know about the twice monthly Carnival Against Sexual Violence. The next nomination deadline is tonight at 11 pm. Click here to nominate a post to the next edition which comes out on Aug. 1.

I'm hopeful about the fight against sexual violence.

Sponsor my participation in the blogathon to help raise money for the organization Stop It Now!Blogathon logo



Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 8:00 AM   3 comments links to this post

3 Comments:

At July 29, 2007 8:05 AM, Anonymous Andrew Odlum said...

You did fantastic. I checked up on you throughout the evening and you were a real trooper. I am very proud.

-Andrew, your monitor-

 
At July 29, 2007 6:45 PM, Blogger Marcella Chester said...

Thanks, Andrew. After being part of a group blog participating in the Blogathon last year, I didn't realize how all-consuming going it alone would be. I'm running on 2 hours sleep now but expect to get a good night's sleep tonight.

The comments I've read so far make it was worth it. Whatever my fundraising total is, I'm going to try to bring in more to help prevent others from going through what I and so many others have experienced.

 
At August 03, 2007 5:54 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Hi Marcella,
I agree with Andrew you are definitely a trooper. Congratulations on a very successful blogathon. All the hard work you put into your posts on sexual violence.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home