Saturday, July 28, 2007

Can't You Take A Joke?

I've lost count of the number of times I've been told I have no sense of humor when I don't laugh at jokes which mock rape victims.

How many rapists does it take to change a light bulb?
One, unless the light bulb wants to be screwed. Then it can't be done.

How many rape apologists does it take to change a light bulb?
Unknown. When called into the room all the rape apologists disappeared.

Sponsor my participation in the blogathon to help raise money for the organization Stop It Now!Blogathon logo


Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 11:30 PM   2 comments links to this post


At July 29, 2007 12:03 AM, Anonymous Andrew Odlum said...

I never realized that people joked about rape. Shouldn't some topics be left alone?

At July 29, 2007 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anne said...

People (almost 100% men) joke about rape all the freakin' time! You can't ever get away from it. I remember seeing Team America a few years ago after I'd had a particularly hard day. I settled into my seat thinking this movie was going to take my mind off of things and then comes the rape joke. You know, just once I'd like to NOT be reminded every five seconds of what happened to me! People are so lazy and assinine that they want you to get over things so quickly and yet they all want to remind you every second of the day when they want to tell their pathetic jokes or use the word all the time "Man, that company raped me!"
Of course it's easy to joke about something horrible when the chances of it happening to you are slim and you're the ones who overwhelmingly commit the crime and get away with it. Ha ha! That's so f(*&#$(*& funny!

Once, I had some idiot tell me I should joke about it more because it would help me after I yelled at him for telling a rape joke. So I said "I felt myself ripping! That's HILARIOUS!" The look on his face after I said it was priceless.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home