Saturday, July 28, 2007

Get Over It Already

These are words that are very familiar to rape survivors who have disclosed their rapes and which are likely nearly as familiar to rape survivors who haven't disclosed.


I could spend hours explaining why this is so damaging and why this is so wrong when directed at victims of sexual violence. But today I don't have hours to put my thoughts together on this one area.


I do have time for this:


These are words I want to send right back to everyone who makes excuses for rape or who says some rape victims were asking for it or who says that some rape victims aren't real victims or who says that some rapists aren't real rapists.

Get over it already.

If you won't be part of the solution, get out of the way.



Sponsor my participation in the blogathon to help raise money for the organization Stop It Now!Blogathon logo

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 5:30 PM   0 comments links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home