Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Motherlode For Self-Blame

For many years I had heard that self-blame was a survivor's method of keeping some semblance of control, but I no longer think that is where most self-blame comes from.

When I went back and examined my memories of the events which led up to my first rape, I saw the places where my boyfriend planted the seeds that would later turn into my self-blame.

Many of these seeds seemed like wonderful gifts at the time. I was too beautiful to resist was just one of the statements he made which set himself up as someone with no power around me.

How very convenient for him.

Sponsor my participation in the blogathon to help raise money for the organization Stop It Now!Blogathon logo


Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 4:00 AM   0 comments links to this post


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home