Friday, July 20, 2007

Support Blogathon for Stop It Now! July 28

Last year, I was part of a group participating in the Blogathon raising money for Amnesty International. This year, I've decided to participate on my own blog to raise money for Stop It Now! an organization that works to prevent the sexual abuse of children.

Sponsor Me or help spread the word or both!

The Blogathon begins just over a week from now on Saturday, July 28th at 6am PST (9 am my time if I'm calculating it correctly) and runs until Sunday July 29th at 6am PST. Each participating blog must post an update every 30 minutes for the 24-hour period.

You are welcome to make a large donation, but many small donations can turn into a huge collective donation. Give $5 or $10 or whatever amount you can to this worthy cause. You can donate so you will be anonymous to me if you'd like or you can tell me who you are (either real name or nickname or a description such as "survivor"). No matter how you identify yourself, Blogathon won't give out anyone's email address.

Help me raise money in the next week that can help prevent serious harm to children. Many sexual abuse victims have sleepless nights so please feel free to stay up late with me and let's be sleepless for a good reason.

Blogathon logo

To place the graphic on your blog, copy and insert the following code:


Technorati tags:


Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 9:51 AM   2 comments links to this post


At July 23, 2007 4:37 PM, Blogger Abzdragon said...

I'm participating!!

At July 23, 2007 8:01 PM, Blogger Marcella Chester said...

abzdragon, that's great. Thanks so much.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home