Sunday, August 05, 2007

Looking For Online Resources For Parents of Rape Victims

I had another question come in which I couldn't answer so I will put the question out to all of you.

Do you know of any blogs or forums that would be useful for parents of rape victims?

When I asked about spouses of abuse survivors, I was given this link: http://www.sandf.org/ The site looks like a great resource, but the focus is on sexual abuse rather than sexual assault.

Any suggestions or links? If you know of posts which could be helpful to parents that would also be great even if the blog itself doesn't focus on parents of rape victims.

Technorati tags:

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 1:02 PM   1 comments links to this post

1 Comments:

At February 25, 2008 3:36 PM, Blogger rachel said...

i agree, i can't seem to find anything out there to help my parents. even more than that, i need some advice for them about how to help me and how to treat a rape survivor. they want to be helpful, but they don't know how. my father continues to ask me questions about the assaut, questions full of disbelief, and though i'm sure he believes me, it's as if he's looking for some inconsistancy, some slip-up on my part so he can breathe a sigh of relief and call it merely indiscriminate sex. my mother no longer asks me about it or calls me, i'm sure she's deep in denial. i'm concerned for them and i want to help them treat me like a normal person again. there's got to be something out there, right?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home