Friday, October 26, 2007

Oct. 26: Relay For Reclaim The Night

From Imaginif I learned about a great awareness raising effort to help fight sexual violence.

I'm supposed to have a photo of my real light or candle and will add it later if I can get a picture, but because I just learned about this effort (I missed an earlier announcement), I quickly created the following graphic so I could help spread the word. Please feel free to borrow this graphic as a placeholder.

Relay For Reclaim The Night Light March logo

To place the graphic above on your blog insert the following code:

Join our relay to end sexual violence and help shine the light on an area of darkness:

  1. Take a photo of your light and post it to your blog this evening (October 26 2007). Light up the night with a light march (it’s sort of like a light snack!).
  2. Link to at least one other Light Marcher so that a relay effect takes place across the blogoshpere - a Light March.

  3. Stumble or Digg this post, and yours, so that the Light March covers as much ground as possible.

Some of the relay runners:

Imaginif: Relay for Reclaim the Night MarchMelbourne: Reclaim the Night

Cheerful Megalomaniac: Reclaim the Night - Tonight!

Melbourne: Reclaim the Night

Forbes: Reclaiming the Night

Goulburn: Reclaim the Night. Stop the Violence


Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 11:27 AM   1 comments links to this post


At October 26, 2007 5:48 PM, Anonymous Megan over at Imaginif said...

Marcella the graphic is great - it is an alternative source of energy so it fits beautifully. Thanks for that.
I'll go and put it on my two posts about Reclaim the Night.
Stay safe everyone. TOGETHER we will end sexual violence.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home