Sunday, December 16, 2007

Family Of Suspect Claims Young Babysitters Sexually Assaulted 27 Year Old Man

This story from KTVZ shows that a family of a rape defendant will not only victim blame, they will try for a complete role reversal:

Redmond [Oregon] police raided the home of Johnny Burns late Thursday night, but his family went on camera Friday with NewsChannel 21, defending him. [...]

Burns, 27, was arrested Thursday night on rape, sodomy and sex abuse charges, not to mention three counts of giving alcohol to a minor. [...] Detectives say over the course of three weeks, Burns got his 12- and 14-year-old babysitters drunk, then sexually abused them. But family members say these allegations aren't true. In fact, they say it's the other way around.

"Underage girls that were his babysitters got into his liquor cabinet when he was passed out and came into his room and started touching him," said Dewitt. "He woke up and told them to get out."

That's his story and they're sticking to it.

This role-reversal defense unintentionally but directly supports the charges against Burns. It tells everyone that :

1) The girls arrived sober, but were given alcohol either directly or through negligence.
2) The defendant also consumed alcohol on the same date or dates that the alleged victims consumed alcohol and he did so in the same house.
3) There was sexual contact between Burns and both alleged victims.

Any legal defense which attempts to deny that the girls consumed alcohol in the house or which attempts to deny sexual contact has been made non-credible by this public defense by Burns' family. If a full denial defense works in court because the jury isn't informed of this explanation, that acquittal will be forever tainted.

According to some neighbors they were concerned about criminal activity at this man's house, but they suspected drugs not rape. Yeah, sounds like this man was a model citizen who is the hapless victim of conspiring girls age 12 and 14.

As the rape denialists love to say, "Hey, it could have happened that way so he must be found not guilty."

Technorati tags:


Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 11:03 AM   6 comments links to this post


At December 16, 2007 11:33 PM, Blogger Jeff Fecke said...

And of course, not for nothing, but initiated or not a 12- and 14-year-old can't legally consent to sex, so if he was in a situation where he was in a compromising position with them, it's still his own damn fault.

I don't believe him, mind you, I'm just pointing out that even if everything he says is true, he's still guilty of rape.

At January 15, 2008 1:30 PM, Blogger Marj aka Thriver said...

Thanks for letting us include this in the BLOG CARNIVAL AGAINST CHILD ABUSE. It's amazing the ignorance that we still have to overcome.

At January 31, 2010 11:34 AM, Blogger Marcella Chester said...

To the girl who commented this morning,

Thank you for commenting. I'm so sorry about what you've been through and what you still have to deal with.

I'm not approving your comment only because I'm afraid there are cruel people who would see your pain and try to figure out how to make that pain worse.

At January 31, 2010 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

please post my comment i want to staned up for myself cuz i do know what happend please please

At January 31, 2010 7:16 PM, Blogger Marcella Chester said...

If you resubmit your comment, I'll approve it.

At February 01, 2010 5:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi my name is haley i was that 14 year old girl that was the victum and all i have too say is it changed my life forever and its not far but i have learned lifes not far..i cant sleep in my on bed cuz im scared too..i havnt gone too public school for about two years now... i feel that the truth should be known i was taught as a liltle girl not too lie and i wont.i was seeing a girl that lived in his house and i spent alot of time with her at jonnys house she had 3 kids that were hers and he also had three kids i help watch them and my cosin that was 12 would come hang out with us i spent the night often with my girlfriend but jonny then wanted my girlfriend they got into a fight we end are relationship but i had jonny x girlfriend cell phone soo he could get a hold of me if he need a babysitter i never went without my cosin and one night we were watching his kids and he asked us if we wanted too drink ofcourse we said yes my cosion that was 12 did not want to drink so we called are other cosion and jonny went and got her and some beer for cosin cuz i told him she didnt drink hard liqor jonny and my other cosion showed up we started drinking me and my 13 year old cosin were taking shots with jonny and we were pretty WASTED.. my 13 year old cosion passed out on the couch then he was getting pretty buzed him self and we were smoking a ciggarette and he ask my 12 year old coisn if she wanted to fuck...and she told him that she never had done that and that she didnt want too and the like an hour latter he kissed me then picked me up as i burned myself with a ciggarette and took me took his room but my liltle cosin that was 12 at the time didnt drink i drank for her cuz she didnt drink her mom is a hard core achaholic its very sad and i dont remember anything else but my lilltle cosion does and here she is..Hi my name is chantilly i was malessed by jonny ast the age of 12 i watch my cosin haley be raped in all driffrent morbied ways are other cosion was passed out and i layed with her on the couch crying wishing i could stop him i was soooooooo scared now my life is soo hard.even too walk out my front door..that all i have too say hers haley..well all thats left is when i woke up it took me two weeks too tell police i called jonny in front of my mom and two of her friends on thursday and he i asked him the same qusetion that i asked on the cops phone and he went into detal then too but seeing my moms face sucked and the only reason i did is cuz my liltle cosion looked at me before i went too school and said its all your fault i was i told my camps cop everything who was also my family friend i still had that cell phone that jonny gave me so i went to a place and this nice lady cop had me call jonny of his phone he gave me and i told him that it was dieing and i was going too call him off my friends phone and too answer he said okay i hung up and shut the phone and called off the police phone and asked him what happed he told us everything detal to detal it sux hearing it but i do feel people should know the TRUTH.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home