Saturday, November 22, 2008

Washington Supreme Court Ruling Related To No Contact Order

From KOMO News:

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - A convicted child molester can be permanently banned from contacting his wife, even though she was not a direct victim of his crimes, the state Supreme Court said Thursday.

The 8-1 ruling came in the case of Richard H. Warren, who was convicted of child molestation and child rape against two stepdaughters, in two separate King County Superior Court trials in 2003.

As part of Warren's sentence, he was ordered to have no contact with the girls' mother for life. Warren argued that the no-contact order was not reasonably related to his crime, and was an unconstitutional violation of his marriage rights.

I'm glad that this original no-contact order was upheld since the victims are linked so closely to this man's wife.

If this man were genuinely concerned with maintaining his marriage he wouldn't have molested his wife's daughters.

Technorati tags:


Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 8:38 AM   2 comments links to this post


At November 22, 2008 12:51 PM, Blogger Army Sergeant said...

What I wish is that it went the other way. Mn can commit rape and domestic violence within the context of their relationship, but women are denied the ability to get no contact orders for the children, because the men didn't abuse the children.

We still have a long way to go.

At November 22, 2008 8:32 PM, Blogger Rj said...

What Army Sergeant said.

I'd like to add that it weighs heavily on my mind all the time...why should I be forced to be in contact with someone who assaulted me for years? I am forced to be "better" than that for the sake of my kids and his hypothetical relationship with them. I don't know if I can do it. What the courts force upon me weakens my health.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home