Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas And Thanks

I want to send all my fellow rape survivors and our allies in the fight against sexual violence good thoughts this holiday season. I especially want to thank those who have donated to help me attend the Women, Action and the Media Conference this coming March. (I'm at 18% of my goal.) The gift of helping me share what I've learned about fighting sexual violence is one I will never forget.

For some survivors this is a rough time. I wish I could magically lighten your spirits or find the perfect words, but I can't. What I can do is to communicate that I care about you and carry some of your pain in my heart.

I hope I can also give other survivors tools they can use to help them recognize all the dangerous lies and myths repeated by people who claim to be logical and unbiased or who claim to love you and want only the best for you.

If those of us who are survivors can tap into our collective power which gets dimmed by our isolation, we can do more than we ever imagined possible.

I recently celebrated a milestone birthday and as I blew out the candle on my cake I wished to be able to do more to help significantly reduce the rate of sexual violence and to cause so-called non-violent rapists to lose their ability to rationalize away their culpability for the crimes they have committed.

I want there to be no more excuses for those exploit others sexually.

For those who make excuses for rapists or who try to deny the full reality of this violence, I wish you to see the truth even though you won't like it.

Labels:

Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 8:35 AM   1 comments links to this post

1 Comments:

At December 25, 2008 10:56 AM, OpenID rmott62 said...

Merry Christmas, thanks for all your wonderful work. Love, Rebecca

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home