Friday, February 06, 2009

Join Me At WAM! Early Bird Discount Ends Soon

As most of my readers already know I will be presenting at the Women Action and the Media conference (WAM!) which runs from Friday March 27 - 29.

The workshop I will be co-presenting is:

Pulling the Plug on Rape Culture One Word at a Time:
Using Accuracy to Undermine Dangerous Attitudes and Injustice.

If any of you are interested in attending, the earlybird registration deadline is approaching.

Here's more information about the conference:
Tired of what you hear on the nightly news -- and the ABSENCE OF WOMEN sources, speakers, pundits, and subjects? Ready to see women's ideas and lives treated as if we matter? Then don't miss these three days of workshops, keynotes, and connections. From the opening talk to the closing reception, you'll be taking your own place among people determined to change the conversation.

Join us at WAM!, an annual conference where progressive journalists, authors, activists, and students meet, share skills, and strategize to INCREASE GENDER JUSTICE IN MEDIA.
Register at: http://www.womenactionmedia.org/

Thanks to all of those who have already helped me with travel expenses. I'm not at my goal yet, but you all have helped me significantly. Here's the post about my fundraising effort.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by Marcella Chester @ 8:21 AM   0 comments links to this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home